Work Opportunities

Students can undertake paid internships and part-time jobs (either on or off campus) to support themselves financially and gain work experience at the same time. They can also take summer or winter internships, which are popular among NTU students, as it allows students to apply their knowledge into practical responsibilities. Students can also become teaching assistants as early as during their sophomore year, depending on the teacher’s requirements.

Work Permit

International students, Overseas Chinese students, and Hong Kong & Macau students are required to have a valid work permit before starting work. The maximum working time for students is 20 hours per week, except during summer and winter vacation.

Students must apply for the work permit on the Workforce Development Agency website.
Application Website: Work Development Agency EZ Work Permit

Please check out the Work Permit page for more detailed information about the application process.